Pages

Monday, March 08, 2010

Back in the Old Stompin' Ground

My home for tonight is in Airway Heights, a city West of Spokane airport. Lots of wide open spaces here. The car trip here was full of mixed weather, and threats of cold descending. Good timing I was thinking.

I hung out at the shops (Target, Best Buy, a hair salon - gotta keep up to date on the new products and Huckleberry's), and wound my way to the hotel. As I was finding a parking spot, I noticed a sizeable number of vehicles from - British Columbia! When I read the licence plates, there were many from Castlegar, Nelson, Trail. Of course, they are not all in the hotel; they have parked their vehicles here and jetting away to the sun.

For dinner, I decided to check out Rose's recommendation - Scratch. What a great place to eat! I decided on the New York steak; it was au poivre, a marinade that was very tasty. There also was roasted garlic Yukon mashed potatoes, and grilled asparagus and all topped with a brandy mushroom cream sauce. What a taste feast! At the beginning, they serve a bread that one would want the recipe for... The name of the restaurant I understand is because all the food is made from.... well, you can probably guess.

So here I am back in Airway Heights, watching the clock closely because I have a 4 am wake-up call. Thanks to Huckleberry's, I have breakfast. And the suitcase has been repacked.

It was a trip down memory lane today, thinking of all the places I have hung out in Spokane over the years. Some places (like Huckleberry's), are wonderfully the same. I think it has almost been a year since I was here (Easter 2009); and I am still finding treasures!

No comments: