Pages

Friday, April 06, 2007

Travels West

Easter Friday in Canada means (for me) a day off... so I am off for a long weekend with my daughter.

I woke up early this morning (despite going to bed at 2 am), to sunshine. And plenty of views of the mountains. The first mountain pass (there are 5 on the entire journey) is called the Blueberry Paulson; it is at 1525 metres above sea level. I know that because there is a sign at the summit, and today I took a photo of it. The problem was that the in the actual moment of the picture taking, it was obscured by:


One of the best views to anticipate on the way to Vancouver (can't see it on the return) is Christina Lake (about an hour and a half from home):




On this journey, I actually stopped at the top of the Oosoyos hill. You can see for miles and miles and miles.



The second last leg of the journey is through Manning Park. The road through the Park is called the Hope Princeton Highway, and it has some of the wildest weather, particularly in the winter. At the Allison Summit, there is still plenty of snow, piles of 2 to 3 foot high snow banks. This picture is taken further down the road where there is no snow on the road level, but on the mountain tops, well, winter is still happening.

Winter is retreating along the entire journey. But there is still plenty of memories of it...

After 6 hours on the road, I see my last close view of the mountains:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember making that trip a few times with you. I think an impressive picture would be around Hope, where the mountains are right there in your face, where they just thrust into the sky....

nice to see things that vbring back other memories. Thank you

AL 040707