Pages

Sunday, September 21, 2014

Day 3 and 4 - Barcelona - The Modern Traveller

There are those kind of travellers who book their vacations months in advance, schedule tours, research everything about the place and read their guidebooks.

I am not that kind of traveller.  I am more the kind that books accommodation for a few days and then figures out the rest.  

The world, gratefully, is better for my kind of traveller.  Wifi abounds!  So far, it appears that I get better bandwidth in Spain.  

So Day 3 in Barcelona was spent near the computer booking accommodation and transportation.  And in my dandy Barcelona apartment.  It was huge!  Four bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, kitchen, dining room, living room, 2 verandas and two doors to the outer world.  An elevator.  And a doorman, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.  I kinda feel for those guys.  There isn't a lot to do.  I made some work for them, trying to decipher my Spanish or Catalonian.  And they also held the key while I was out and about.  

Day 4, I ventured out into Barcelona city.  That day's first destination was La Broqueria, the big market downtown. 

This is all different kinds of mushrooms.

And this is kinds of candy.  

Before I made it to the market, I went for lunch.  I met a couple from Nova Scotia, Cynthia and Malcom, who just came from a canal journey in France.  More ideas!  

I went for a walkabout in old Barcelona.  Narrow streets.  And many wonders in the shops at the bottom.  

And many people.  Barcelona is the kind of city where people gravitate.  

Back home for my dinner of broccoli.   I have a vegetable deficit.  I don't think croissants are a food group, even in Spain. 


No comments: