Pages

Sunday, September 28, 2014

Day 12 - Barcelona

Will it ever stop?  I came back from breakfast where I had the best croissant and fresh squeezed orange juice.  And it started raining.  

My host loaned me an umbrella.  Forever grateful.

I walked the streets to the Basilica of the Sagrada Familia, the grand work of architect Antoni Gaudi.  There was a long lineup even in the rain.  

Every person who has told me about this site has told me that I must buy my ticket on line to jump the queue.  Everyone else must be told the same thing.  So why is there a line up at all?

I turned up the Ave di Gaudi, another one of those streets mostly about walking rather than cars.  

Life is quiet on Sundays in Spain.  But here restaurants and bars were open.  

At the end of the street was the Hospital de la Sta. Creu i Sant Pau:


This is bigger than it looks - it covers 9 blocks and is divided into 46 pavilions.

And it rained.  And rained.

On the way back to my room, I found a patisserie with mini croissants.  (Yes, it is becoming a food group.)

I stumbled upon another store that was selling prepared foods.  I got paella and pasta.  Both were incredibly yummy.

And it rained.  And rained.  




No comments: