Pages

Sunday, March 23, 2008

The Cities

Easter weekend. This usually marks my first long car journey out of the Kootenays and I travel West to the Cities. Depending on whether I travel via Canada or the US, that determines how many cities I will get to visit. This trip it is Spokane, Seattle, and Vancouver.

I travelled on Thursday night after work, and having picked up Julia, to Spokane. I wanted to capture the winter that was departing, on the journey so here was the scene at the border:



When I woke up the next morning in Spokane, I was dismayed to see what was happening:


since it was still happening. I was thinking about the mountain pass and then a happy thought that my winter tires were still beneath me. Once I hauled the luggage down to the car, and remembered on the third trip that I forgot Julia's papers each time, my hems of my pants were soaked, and there was some dampness in my shoes as well. I had brought one pair of shoes. I pack in a wild way sometimes, and this was one of those times. It was quite cold when I woke up in Spokane and I had only brought spring jackets as I was quite ready to give up my winter wear. Once I was in the car, I blasted the heat.

Twenty miles (those Americans haven't got into metric yet) outside of Spokane, the clouds lifted and I had sun most of the way. I am glad I remembered to pack the sun glasses. Well, in the mountain pass, I found some more snow falling from the sky, but it did not stick to the road.

And after the mountains, it was a lovely day:


Today, Ryan and I are off to Vancouver, after our adventure day yesterday - well, that is for another post. In the meantime, it is time for the Easter Bunny.

No comments: