Pages

Sunday, July 08, 2007

Beauty in Spokane

At the risk of sounding like I was hired by Tourism Spokane, this post is a tribute to the beauty of Spokane. I am not sure how many people think of Spokane if they are imagining beautiful places to visit on the planet. It's all about where you look.

At the T-Rex exhibit, there was a captivating display on one of the walls:

This display is entirely done with railway spikes!

After we saw the dinosaur display, we went to Manitou Park. We first of all had a picnic and then watched people feed the catfish extraordinary amounts of white bread. I am imagining them swimming around later, and one saying, "I don't know about you, Fred, but I've got that bloated feeling again."

At the park is a Japanese garden:

With some beautiful (and big!!) goldfish:

And a rose garden....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice rose! I had forgotten you had taken that one. And the picture of the garden was very nice.

AL