Pages

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Seattle to Bellingham

On Sunday, I spent most of the day with Julie and Ryan in Seattle. We went to the Supermall in Auburn, Washington. Google Maps said 40 minutes but they did not figure in missing the exit.

Once off the exit, signs direct you towards Supermall Road, and then there is no getting lost.







Auburn is not a slight distance from Seattle, and I needed to get on the road so we had dinner "out."


Clouds, clouds, clouds all day in Seattle. Most of it with rain, rain, rain. BJ gave me hope - sun in Bellingham. Alas, though, it was fleeting. My evening journey to Bellingham was wet in a sopping kind of way.

The next day, we woke up to plenty of blue!
Lake Padden, where we went for a walk.








Outside Pier 1, where I spent my Christmas gift certificate from BJ (just wait until you see my beautiful purchases!), we found a tree which I named the "Dreadlock Tree."



It was equally stunning from near and afar...



Our second walk of the day took us here:



Thanks, BJ, for a most incredible day!

No comments: